New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

JJ

Psycho144

JJ

Post  Psycho144 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:28 pm

Stay safe and dry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: JJ

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:09 pm

Hopefully he's far enough inland that it doesn't do more than send some rain his way.

Which reminds me. A Politico stooge tried to slam Trump as being wrong. Then later admitted that he wasn't. In under an hour. I'm not sure if he realized how idiotic he looked or just forgot to delete the original tweet. But both were there:

It takes some high level smarts to spend your life shooting from the hip, finding out later how dumb that was, and never learning not to ever do that any more.

--  Thomas Sowell
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:18 am

Thanks guys...I am okay here in Harker Heights...Expecting 100% rain here for the next few days...Flooding and wind guts to 25 is the worry round here now...

I have many friends and relatives that live down on the coastal areas that is affected...So far, I have not heard from anyone yet...I had one friend that lives in Corpus, and she left out of there yesterday morning and went to San Antonio...I know she is well, but is worried about her little RV that she lives in...She didn't have a 5th wheel to pull it out of there, so she got all her important stuff packed in the car and left....I have my doubts about her RV being there when she gets back...

Here is a pic of where I live...I have friends and family all the way to Beaumont....

JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:00 am

Harvey has reached me with it's outer bands...0652 this morning...I am ready....

Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:24 am

It is so sad seeing all the devastation in Texas, especially Rockport....God Bless everyone in Texas....
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:36 am

Dropped in to say "stay safe" you Texans!!!
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:28 am

This is a mind boggling situation. Just thinking of the devastating trauma to families is a horror all by it's self but when you add in domestic animals and wildlife it is a doomsday for many of them too. Many businesses and jobs will be gone. Praying for mercy for so many people and donating to the Salvation Army seems to be the best I can do for them at the present time. Keeping in mind that this hurricane season has not yet reached it's peak and still has a long ways to go, a repeat of this setup could happen again there and other places too.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:05 pm

It is so incredible seeing what is unfolding on the news in Texas. All we can do is keep praying for the people of Texas....

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:10 am