New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

This Blew Me Away...

Joencalif2

This Blew Me Away...

Post  Joencalif2 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Okay, first of all, I'm back and my wife and I had a great time up on the Central Coast of California in a little community called Cambria. Now while I was there, I made posts with photos, on Facebook showing places and things. Things like a picnic lunch I had with my wife and the wild life that kept us company. Squirrels, Sea Gulls and so on. I also posted pics of the Elephant seal lolling about on the beach and so on. Then I made a couple of comments about some of the great food we had and the restaurants. Well, when I went to post that I was home, I couldn't post and do you know why???? Well, Facebook had blocked me because someone had reported that I was posting SPAM on facebook...ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Since when are vacation pics SPAM. There's countless political posts and other crap but they don't get blocked, but post about a vacation and the fun your are having, well excuse me. Needless to say, I responded to my being blocked telling FB what I had been doing this last week as well as what I'd been posting. Needless to say, I am able to post again, at least for now. Gimmie a break!!
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: This Blew Me Away...

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:21 pm

They've been banning people, suspending accounts for 12-24 hours, etc all over the place. 99.9999999999% of those have been non-leftwing posts, some political and some not. There's been bans put on people just for saying they don't trust Muslims, or making jokes about gender-benders and the like.

At the same time they've allowed livestream rapes, pedophilia, Trump assassination threats, ISIS recruiting videos and so on. Most of those are still there. Most of the users who had content removed weren't suspended at all. Only a few seem to have had their accounts closed.

But yours is the firs time I've heard of them claiming pictures of a vacation were spam. I'm not surprised. It's just the first time I've heard it.

--  Thomas Sowell
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:16 am

So ye had a very "spam" of a vacation. "snort"
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am

At least you had a good vacation Joe. Don't they have a way to identify malicious people who do things like that and ban them instead?
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:14 pm

Apparently, they don't have to have proof, they don't have to contact you first or enquire about your post or anything. Someone decides they don't like and it "Poof" there goes your ability to post. It's like Sin said, you can find all kinds of hate speech, threats to kill the president, basically, all the far left crap you want to post, but post a pic about your vacation and BAM...you be banned. The only thing I can think of is someone, either out of spite or maybe they thought it would be funny, complained to FB and rather than look, they just banned it. The problem is, if they are going to worry about content then they need to get rid of ALL the hate speech and post on BOTH sides. It's only getting worse. Mark Zuckenberger better take care of his little baby or he's going to lose it.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:36 pm