New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Spectacular Eclipse View

Ladyelaine

Spectacular Eclipse View

Post  Ladyelaine on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:21 am

At 2:30 PM EDT the sun was shining brightly here @ Suwannee Springs, Florida. I was looking out my door on the north side of the house when something I'd never seen before abruptly caught my attention.  The sun was shining through the oak tree leaves and the ground was covered with little bright round circles with the shadow of the moon crossing each one showing the eclipse stage in each one of them as it increased the size of the darkness.  All during this duration the sun shone brightly through an unclouded sky. By 3:30 the beautiful circles with the shadows were clearing and disappearing. A beautiful awe inspiring display. I don't have a smart phone camera so have no photos to share, but do want to share the uplifting sight with you.  Smile
    Psycho144

Re: Spectacular Eclipse View

Post  Psycho144 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 am

Thanx for sharing, I missed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:30 am

It was clear until minutes before the eclipse started. Then it clouded over. Even so, you could see the eclipse happening through the clouds because it was so bright. Until it was total. At that point you couldn't see anything at all.

North of here, in St Joseph, it was cloudy and rainy. Then the eclipse started and it cleared right up.

--  Thomas Sowell
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm happy to find that others across the country experienced the same delightful view of the bright circles and shadows and that they were able to take photos to share. Some photos can be viewed by searching for eclipse crescent shadows or nature's eclipse pinholes. In any case, a beautiful sight to behold. If I'd heard of this before the eclipse I would have spread a white sheet on the ground under the oak tree to enhance the view but,f I had done that it would have spoiled the total nature at it's very best that I enjoyed so very much.
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:44 am

I watched it thru my homemade viewer...A shade 12 welding lens, duck tape, and a cardboard box...Cost me about 5 bucks...The welding supply houses was sold out of lens....It was crazy round here, even tho it was not a total eclipse here in Central Texas...I didn't get any pics worth a darn, but 8 Apr. 2024 is the next one and it will total right over my house...I will be ready for that one...Here is how much it eclipsed here and a pic that NASA took of the total eclipse from a plane I guess...

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:30 pm