New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Amusing

Ladyelaine

Amusing

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Aside from the multitude of disgusting nausea provoking ads on TV these days, there are a couple that actually brighten my day and I always smile when they are displayed. One is the animated series of rock auto parts ads and the other is the Subaru ad where the dad says he has a new putter she doesn't know about and sometimes he leaves the seat up on purpose.  Very Happy
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: Amusing

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:14 pm

My TV is never on the TV stations, so I haven't seen those.

Mine is always connected to my Roku (more than 3/4 of the time), Amazon Fire stick (once in awhile) or Chromecast from the phone or tablet (very rarely). I stopped getting cable and refuse to get anything from AT&T. I have Google fiber, but only get their internet. I subscribe to Hulu without commercials. I used SlingTV for awhile, but they started having trouble delivering content without lengthy pauses, which is why I got Hulu. I got rid of Netflix when they decided to cater 99.9999999999% to SJWs and virtue-signalers (a class of people who preach nonsense to everybody else to prove they're "better" than other people because they preach nonsense). I pay for Amazon Prime (for now) and get a lot of stuff there, including more and more original programming. I sometimes watch free movies on VUDU and several others that pause to show a few commercials every once in awhile, then show more of the programming.

I also run my own Plex server and get content to some things free whenever and wherever I can. Stuff that usually over-the-air and/or on cable. Usually within a day or two after it shows on regular networking. I don't have to watch any commercials this way, too. Another big plus.

I was getting some over-the-air TV after dropping cable by using an antenna. Basically only 2 or 3 channels I would watch (none of it ABCNBCCBS, and only a tiny bit of Fox). But there was just too much junk on the broadcast stuff. And I only wanted a handful of programs (OK, maybe a thimbleful), but had trouble getting a decent signal sometimes. I started to get a better external antenna and raise that up away from the house. But it wouldn't have been easy and I was toying with the idea of moving in a few years anyway. So I set up Plex to cover some movies and a little TV that I don't get on the other services.

All of that is to say that I usually don't see the commercials most people do. That's fine with me. But sometimes there's one worth seeing that I never know about, like those you mention.

On the upside I'm getting an awful lot of good stuff at a cost of around $25 a month. (Not counting the super-fast internet speed which supports it, pushing it a total of just under $95 a month, while still having enough bandwidth that none of the computers or TV devices slow down.)

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Very Happy
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:56 pm

I miss the old roadside adds like Burma Shave !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 pm