New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Democrats Can’t Find Candidate to Run for Texas Governor

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Texas Democrats are struggling to find a candidate to run against Republican Gov. Greg Abbott after losing every gubernatorial race in the state for nearly three decades.

For months Democratic leaders have been searching for a high-powered candidate to run against Abbott but have been unable to find a suitable opponent to challenge the incumbent, the Associated Press reported Tuesday.

This could spell trouble for the Democratic Party in Texas after losing the governor's race in 2010 and 2014 with two high-profile candidates. Former Houston Mayor and U.S. Energy Department official Bill White lost to then-Texas Gov. and current Secretary of Energy Rick Perry in 2010.

What? They don't think such a brain trust as Sheila Jackson Lee is good enough? Is this racism, sexism or both?

I think somebody should have a talk with her about the racist, sexist, misogynist, paternalistic Texas Democrat party not thinking she's good enough!

JJRobinson

Re: Democrats Can’t Find Candidate to Run for Texas Governor

Post  JJRobinson on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:46 am

I wonder what happened to Windy Davis?
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 am

The problem with the Democrats is they latch onto new (to the country) names and push them as bright, rising stars. Then 15 minutes later the Democrats themselves figure out there's not even a reasonable amount of air in those skulls. Their last attempt was Kamala Harris. Prior to that was Chief Fullabull. (Everyone knows it's) Wendy was just another flash in the pan. Once upon a time Cory Booker was going to be a big deal. Up until they found out that he's crooked and stupid like the others.

For reasons that make no sense at all to anyone with half a brain, they always go for the woman and/or minority with no name recognition as their favored person rather than someone with sense and ideas. Neither of those traits is bad by itself. But it nearly always ends with a person who they have to quietly dump once that person starts getting attention and proves to be just as useless as the others. The Democrats are looking at outward traits to find a star, not quality. (When they do, rarely, look at ideas, they always run to the extremists.) Maybe because they don't have anybody on their side with any ideas that aren't the same warmed-over leftist propaganda.

Even the fact there isn't anyone in the national party that has any quality is their own fault because they chased any possible good ones off by getting more and more radical. Non-radicals have all but stopped running. Because they can't win. They can't win because the radicals won't vote for them and the party itself has become so radical that the people on the other side don't trust anyone running on that ticket. Leftism wins in the big cities where handouts are king (and they're killing themselves with spending to support the handouts). But outside of those few places, it has almost no hold. And what's there is getting smaller. The states where they rule (Illinois, New York, California, etc) are losing people left and right because those same spendaholic clowns keep winning.

As an example of the problem they've created for themselves, Princess Nancy was instrumental in losing the House as majority leader. So they make her minority leader (they should be ashamed of themselves for using such a racist term). She helped lose more seats, so they made her minority leader again. And another time. Now they're finally considering that maybe she needs to go. Who's leading the pack to replace her? I don't know who the likely winner is, but "James Brown" Maxine is in the running. Just that fact alone proves they have no sense at all. That she has a strong chance is proof positive that they'd rather lose than not take an opportunity to do some virtue-signaling. Because Democrats are looking at sex and skin color, not effectiveness, not whether or not there are psychological problems, not honesty, not ideas, not common sense. There's no doubt in my mind they could find somebody better. Maybe even a black woman. But Maxine "I Used To Be A Millennial" Waters is one of the best choices in their deluded minds.

Wendy was a star back before they got as dumb as they are. But she was a sign of the direction they were headed. Because they took somebody they liked (a woman who got some TV notice) and ran with her as their star. Then they found out she was making up many of the tales of woe she was using to bolster her victim status. Like so many Democrats like to do (Fauxcahotas, Blumenthal, Hitlery, Obama, etc). So they abandoned her for being the kind of person she was all along. Wendy ran once and was creamed. They won't back her again.

I'm not complaining. I hope they keep doing it. We have our own problems with Susan Collins, Paul RINO, John McCain, Mitch McConnell, Bob Flake, Peter King, etc. So we have some housecleaning to do, too. But a large chunk of our side realizes they were conned in the last election and are working to try to do something about it, such as running themselves, or funding alternatives who do. The other side's idea is to dig into the sewer even deeper. Which is a good thing.

JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:27 am

Let's just hope the dems continue to run folks like that...They never learn... Very Happy

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:51 pm