New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

I remember when.....

sinister_midget
    Admin

I remember when.....

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:02 am

Not all that long ago, Rachel Madcow (what kind of parent would name their son Rachel?) would have run this story without questioning a single thing. Or even looking at it in advance. (Remember the tax returns?)

Then along came CNN (highest rated shows are being beat by Yogi Bear cartoon reruns) and NYT (laying off a large part of their staff because they're bleeding money despite record numbers of Chinese bots signing up to their paywall) killing themselves off by spreading fake news. Some of it came from Unreliable Sources (isn't that the name of a CNN TV show). And some of it they made up on their own out of nothing.

Maybe MessNBC is just trying to survive.

Someone Sent Rachel Maddow Fake NSA Documents Alleging Trump-Russia Collusion

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow gave a “heads up” to other news organizations on Thursday after she was sent what she believes are faked National Security Agency documents alleging collusion between a member of the Trump campaign and Russian government.

“Somebody, for some reason, appears to be shopping a fairly convincing fake NSA document that purports to directly implicate somebody from the Trump campaign in working with the Russians in their attack in the election,” Maddow said in a lengthy segment on her show.

You weren't supposed to look at it. You were supposed to do what you've been doing all along, run with it as-is, have talking head "experts" nobody has ever heard of give ominous statements about how damning it is to Trump, make wild-eyed speculation that you later treat as fact and use to further twist the brains of weak-minded people.

She suggested that the unidentified muckraker who sent her the fake documents hopes to undermine news organizations in general and deflate the Trump-Russia collusion investigation, which has been going on for nearly a year.

“This is news, because: why is someone shopping a forged document of this kind to news organizations covering the Trump-Russia affair?” Maddow asked.

The same reason they've been doing it since this whole phony Russia story was made up as an excuse for why Hitlery lost.

On June 7, an unidentified person sent documents to an online tip line for Maddow’s show, she said.

That was two days after The Intercept published legitimate NSA documents that were stolen by Reality Winner, a contractor for the agency.

Maddow said that the documents sent to her show appeared to have used The Intercept’s published documents as a template. Secret ID markings on The Intercept reports appeared on the documents passed to Maddow.

This is what journalists used to do. They'd get something, question it, check into it, then report it as fact based on their findings, point out it's a fake to other media people (which used to be unnecessary because other media people did their jobs, too) or ignored it because it was a fraud.

Then those guys got lazy and started taking whatever they were told, checking with Snopes and believing whatever garbage sites like that spread, treating them like they were experts instead of the frauds they are. Then the media got even lazier and started repeating whatever trash they got as the gospel truth just because they liked and agreed with what it said.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: I remember when.....

Post  sinister_midget on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:44 am

The official CNN app is down to 3.8 after blackmailing a guy over a stupid meme. A meme that the guy they blames didn't even create. He did one just like it, but the one Trump reposted was wider screen (16:9) and with sound. The other guy's version was NTSC (4:3) and silent.

Not only did they blackmail the guy, but he called their bluff with another joke and they published his name, address, phone number, etc. (You know, all that stuff they claim is a dangerous threat to lives and safety when it's their own staff. (But what good is your blackmail effort unless you can make an example of somebody, especially a nobody, even if he's the wrong guy?) Such should be expected from an honest, blackmailing "news" organization with massive resources at their disposal when running up against a nobody internet troll who makes joke gifs.

Anyway, somebody claims Google disabled reviewing the app. You can still read reviews there, even the bad ones. I don't know if they actually disabled it or you have to install it before it shows the rating option. They're CNN, so I have no inclination to install the app to find out. (Some of the recent one-star reviews are funny, though.)

They're being hammered all around. Good for them. I haven't trusted them since the late 80s when I saw first hand the sorts of lies they spread and the real world problems it caused.

Madcow may have told the truth about one fake document as a matter of self-preservation.  But CNN doesn't seem to be interested in still being around in a few months. I say they need to have their press credentials pulled at the White House and the seat be given to an outfit with more credibility, like The Onion or the Sacramento Bee.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:26 pm