New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Independence Day

JJRobinson

Independence Day

Post  JJRobinson on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:19 am

4 July 2017...Independence Day...Have a safe and enjoyable day...

I am honored to have defended my country from 1964 to 1970 in the United States Navy, and I will still will do my duty to defend her as long as I live...

I was born on July 4, 1776.
    I am more than just cloth shaped into a design.
    I am refuge for the world's oppressed people.
    I am the silent sentinel of freedom.
    I am the emblem of the greatest sovereign nation on earth.
    I am the inspiration for which American patriots gave their lives and fortunes.
    I have led your loved ones into battle from Valley Forge to the South Pacific, to the shores of Europe, to the steaming, treacherous jungles of Vietnam, to the surface of the moon, to the deserts of Iraq, and the mountains of Afghanistan.
    I walk in silence with each of your honored dead, to their final resting place beneath the silent white crosses row upon row.
    I have flown through peace and war, strife and prosperity, and amidst it all I have been respected.
    My red stripes symbolize the blood spilled in defense of this glorious nation.
    My white stripes signify the burning tears shed by Americans who lost their loved ones.
    My blue field is indictive of God's heaven under which I fly.
    My stars, clustered together, unify 50 states as one, for God and country.
    "Old Glory" is my nickname, and proudly I wave on high.
    Honor me, respect me, defend me with your lives and your fortunes.
    Never let my enemies tear me down from my lofty position, lest I never return.
    Keep alight the fires of patriotism. Strive earnestly for the spirit of democracy.
    Worship eternal God and keep his commandments, and I shall remain the bulwark of peace and freedom for all people.
    I Am Your Flag

Psycho144

Re: Independence Day

Post  Psycho144 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:53 am

"AMEN"
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:50 am

Amen to that.....
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Too bad not enough respect the flag any more. Worse, a majority of the leftist youth have been conditioned to hate it without really having a reason why. Other than the old standbys: slavery (was and is still bigger in Africa), sexism (which can be almost anything that upsets a girl or any "gender" other than male), fascism (which, funny thing, is more a hallmark of the intolerant left that claims to hate it), homophobia (something that would actually be a deal in most of the third world, but almost non-existent here except as an accusation), "unfairness" (anything that triggers the left because of somebody having something a leftist doesn't have), etc.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:26 am