New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Tell me again why dropping out of the illegal Paris Accord treaty was a bad idea

sinister_midget
    Admin

Tell me again why dropping out of the illegal Paris Accord treaty was a bad idea

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:24 am

WHO: United States Among Least Polluting Nations on the Planet

Despite recent attempts to paint the United States as a major global polluter, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. is among the cleanest nations on the planet.

In the most recent WHO report on air pollution, the United States was listed as one of the countries with the cleanest air in the world, significantly cleaner in fact than the air in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, the UK, Japan, Austria and France.

While France and other G7 countries lamented the U.S. exit from the Paris climate accord, America’s air is already cleaner than that of any other country in the G7.

Following standard practice, the WHO measures air pollution by the mean annual concentration of fine suspended particles of less than 2.5 microns in diameter. These are the particles that cause diseases of all sorts and are responsible for most deaths by air pollution.

Those are particles. What's not included in that is carbon dioxide. For 2 reasons: 1) it isn't particulate; and 2) it isn't a pollutant, it's plant food. But carbon dioxide is what the illegal Paris Accord was trying to manipulate.

Here's an analogy that's fairly accurate. Imagine a 10,000 person stadium that's 100% full. 4 of those people represent the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. The rest is oxygen, nitrogen, water vapor and other gases too small to worry about. What they want to regulate is so small (4:10000) it would take a part of an additional person out of that 10,000 people to represent it.

But let's keep it at whole people. So imagine now that it's a full 400,000 person stadium. The same representation would be 160 people at 4 per 10,000. At the "pollution" level they're talking, this larger stadium would have 163 people representing carbon dioxide. 3 more than what they call "normal" (which is a number they made up to start with because they can't make their false claims if they look at the history of the earth when levels were much, much higher).

To do that scam they expected China to be allowed to continue opening a coal-fired power plant every week, India to open one almost as often and a slew of smaller countries be allowed to continue on as they have been while getting US money to not fix any real pollutants. Like the dangerous stuff in smog. Which the illegal treaty doesn't even address.

But Trump supposedly signed the death certificate for the planet simply by saying we're not paying for everybody else's problems?

To regulate a non-pollutant that feeds plant life. Which is something liberals used to claim to love.

--  Thomas Sowell
    Joencalif2

Re: Tell me again why dropping out of the illegal Paris Accord treaty was a bad idea

Post  Joencalif2 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:59 pm

The hypocrisy of the left...
    JJRobinson

Re: Tell me again why dropping out of the illegal Paris Accord treaty was a bad idea

Post  JJRobinson on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:36 am

Great example....
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:18 pm

OMG it's hot in Ohio "snicker"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:47 am