New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Liberals Attack New Miss USA For Her ‘Problematic Views’ on Feminism, Healthcare

sinister_midget
    Admin

Liberals Attack New Miss USA For Her ‘Problematic Views’ on Feminism, Healthcare

Post  sinister_midget on Tue May 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Because she doesn't toe the radical line.

Nuclear scientist Kara McCullough was crowned Miss USA this Sunday in Las Vegas.  The black 25-year-old Miss DC works for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and beat out Miss New Jersey for the crown.

But apparently McCullough’s views on feminism and healthcare angered some liberals online, sparking the Twitter hashtag #NotMyMissUSA.

When asked if healthcare was a right or a privilege, McCullough responded saying it was a privilege.

“I’m definitely going to say it’s a privilege,” McCullough said. “As a government employee, I am granted healthcare and I see firsthand that for one to have healthcare you need to have jobs so therefore we need to cultivate this environment that we’re given the opportunity to have healthcare as well as jobs to all the American citizens worldwide.

How DARE she suggest people should work!

She also had a “problematic” answer on feminism.

“As a woman scientist in the government, I’d like to transpose the word feminism to equalism,” she said.  “I try not to consider myself this diehard, like, I don’t really care about men. But one thing I want to say is that women are just as equal to men when it comes to opportunity in the workplace.”

How DARE she suggest women don't hold their rightful place as eternal victims!

This caused an unsurprisingly stupid backlash as typical with socially progressive libs on social media.

Oh, I don't know. Practically every modern day feminist alive. (What Camille Paglia refers to as second-wave feminists, women who are eternal victims, women who blame men for everything, women who often think the world would be much better without any men at all. Basically, the type who like "men" who are more often classified as metrosexual, being more like women used to be than most women are now.)

--  Thomas Sowell
    Ladyelaine

Re: Liberals Attack New Miss USA For Her ‘Problematic Views’ on Feminism, Healthcare

Post  Ladyelaine on Tue May 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Oh my, how refreshing. May the lovely and intelligent young woman spread that message. She "gets it" while the whining, grumbling, complainers don't. Equal rights, equal pay, and equal responsibilities is the message I'd want to spread if I had an opportunity to do so.

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:49 am