New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Trump goads his critics into incoherent rage with Comey firing

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Wed May 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Chris Matthews of MSNBC apparently sees the Trump administration as a bizarre hybrid of a “strongman... like Mobutu Sese Seko,” and the Romanov Dynasty, with a “whiff of fascism” for added complexity.  

No, I am not kidding.  All in the same evening.

Here he is making comparison of the President to fellow “strongman” Mobutu:

Here is his Romanov comparison:

And here is the “whiff of fascism”

Nobody could take this seriously as political theory; most charitably, it is reckless rhetoric. 

And I think that this, and all the other fulminating underway over the Comey firing, is precisely the response that President Trump anticipated. Every time his critics make predictions of doom, heralding the arrival of fascism or monarchy or a coup by a military dictator who looted his country, or whatever, they add to an expectations problem they will face when the investigation by the FBI professionals continues, as does the Republic. For Trump, the outrge of his critics over they way he handled the firing of his FBI director is not a bug, it is a feature, as they say in the tech world.

They have more than three and a half years of his presidency left, but how much more room do they have for rhetorical escalation before they look ridiculous – or tedious -- to everyone that is not a fanatical Trump hater?

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real, and Chris Matthews is its current poster boy. 

They're all deranged. They demanded Comey be fired when they were busy blaming Hitlery's loss on him. Now that he's fired the same people want investigations.

Delusional Maxine Waters (who still does an awesome impersonation of James Brown) actually said she'd support Mrs. Bill Clinton firing Comey, but doesn't support doing the same thing.
    (Maxine Waters: I Don't Support Trump Firing Comey, I Would Support Hillary Clinton Firing Comey)

I heard something else today, too. I don't watch Colbert (prounounced like it's spelled "col-bert" by a relative of his who ran for office, North Carolina I think it was). But he's been part of the crowd beating the drum about Comey being the cause of shoo-in Broomhillary losing. For months he's been pushing that to his groupies, just as all of the other DemoncRATs have been. So last night he went out to do his monologue and he was going to make "jokes" about it (none of what the left does these days is really funny). So he started by saying Trump fired Comey. The crowd cheered really loud. He was caught off guard. He thought they were supposed to know to boo because Trump did it. But they were glad because Hitlery's Enemy Number One, Comey. was canned. He had to quiet them down and explain to them why that was a bad thing. What he fails to understand is most of the young followers on the left aren't making their own minds up about anything. They're programmed. The last thing they heard was "Comey Bad." So when the bell went off, Pavlov's dogs in the audience reacted as they'd been conditioned to do.

--  Thomas Sowell
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Re: Trump goads his critics into incoherent rage with Comey firing

Post  sinister_midget on Thu May 11, 2017 9:06 am

Now I think I get Maxine's distinction.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:26 pm