New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

A DECENT NEWS NETWORK

Ladyelaine

A DECENT NEWS NETWORK

Post  Ladyelaine on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:48 pm

I have absolutely loathed the presentation & slants on the news given by major networks lately, worsening in the last year or so. So many of them have absolutely disgusted me to the point of no longer watching them. That includes Fox. Even the Weather Channel isn't what it was years ago.

I've discovered a news network that I didn't know existed. It covers virtually everything in a straightforward, factual, unbiased way.The programming includes pertinent local, national, international, and weather - even weather for Alaska & Hawaii. The ladies there dress more modestly and business like than elsewhere. Obviously not as much money is spent on bleaching hair, adding extensions, cleavage & thigh makeup, and presenters speak fluently without running their words together and pitching their voices so high they squeak or shriek.

The network is OAN. I receive it on Direct TV on Channel 347 but it is available in many states in various outlets. A listing of where to watch is on their website at OANN.com.
    Joencalif2

Re: A DECENT NEWS NETWORK

Post  Joencalif2 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:45 pm

I've seen it, not that impressed....
    JJRobinson

Post  JJRobinson on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:02 am

I will check it out before making an opinion... Very Happy
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 am

I will check it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    munchkin72gloria

Post  munchkin72gloria on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 am

I will also check it out! Also tired of the slants one way or the other.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:19 pm

I'll stick with Fox....
    Sunshine16

Post  Sunshine16 on Mon May 01, 2017 3:49 pm

I still like FOX . But I miss watching THE FIVE at Five...now I miss it at 9.
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Mon May 01, 2017 7:17 pm

DVR it.....
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Tue May 02, 2017 8:22 am

The more I watch OAN the better I like it. There are never any commercials; instead, there are infrequent 60 second documentary tidbits of American history regarding such things as each constitutional amendment or clips from old news reels. Those old black & white news clips are excellent reminders of happenings we would do well to remember and learn from - things of which many young people of today have no knowledge. No matter what time in 24/7, when I want to catch up on the national or international news, it is totally covered there in factual and non-snarky form.
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Tue May 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Fox lost me a long time ago. Mostly O'Reilly and Smith caused it. But they won't get me back through recent actions, that's for sure.

I don't like O'Reilly. Maybe he needed to go. But getting rid of him as they did smells funny. What they used was old news at Fox. If it was so important, they should have done it back when the payoffs to silence complainants started. Like 2010 or 2013. But they didn't. They decided to go after him at a time of no new complaints.

Now Murdoch's leftist kids are moving in and Murdoch's turning things over to them. I put 2 and 2 together and see O'Reilly was one of their targets.

They also went after Hannity. That only confirms what they're trying to do in my mind. Am I saying Hannity is pure? No. He may be, he may not be. I don't claim to know. But I do know I don't like coincidences that seem to have more than casual connections.

I've read about a couple of other targets over the last few days. I recall Shine (took over from Ailes) was one and I think he's out as of yesterday. But it seems there was at least one other I can't recall now, maybe two.

I could buy all of this as mere coincidence and maybe some housecleaning. But the Murdoch boys made clear awhile back that they want to turn Fox into the new MSLSD (not their description, but what they meant by it). Now all they need to do is offer more money to Madcow than (s)he's currently being overpaid, and get Keith Olbermann to move over and they'll have completed most of what they wanted. Maybe they can even give Megan Kelly too much money to come back once she bombs long enough at her new gig.

That's the way to be a success. Be just like all of the others that are losing audience because nobody trusts or believes them.

--  Thomas Sowell
    Joencalif2

Post  Joencalif2 on Wed May 03, 2017 7:49 pm

I like watching a variety of new channels to get a better view from different new sources. OAN is fine, but it's pretty dry, I like a little commentary and if I don't agree I can change the channel. What I refuse to watch is MSLSD, they are just beyond left wing biased. They love them some George Soros....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:01 am