New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Alabama governor resigns as scandal leads to criminal charges

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:16 pm

Alabama Governor Robert Bentley resigned on Monday after pleading guilty to two misdemeanors related to campaign finance violations and linked to his relationship with a former adviser, ending a year-long scandal that has enveloped the state's government.

The guilty pleas were part of an agreement with prosecutors that called for him to step down, said Ellen Brooks, special prosecutor appointed by the state Attorney General Steve Marshall to investigate Bentley.

"I have decided it is time for me to step down as Alabama governor," said Bentley at a news conference in the state capital of Montgomery, adding that his service "was a calling that God placed on my life."

Seems kind of odd to me.

Gov. Bentley says he can no longer vote for Trump

Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said he could no longer vote for Donald Trump in wake of the GOP presidential nominee’s sexually charged words about women.

I think I  get it now. Trump said some things just like a lot of men say to each other about women. And that's bad. But if he'd actually done some of what he said and could prove it, that would have been OK.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:32 am