New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Cyber Firm Rewrites Part of Disputed Russian Hacking Report

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:56 am

U.S. cybersecurity firm CrowdStrike has revised and retracted statements it used to buttress claims of Russian hacking during last year's American presidential election campaign. The shift followed a VOA report that the company misrepresented data published by an influential British think tank.

In December, CrowdStrike said it found evidence that Russians hacked into a Ukrainian artillery app, contributing to heavy losses of howitzers in Ukraine's war with pro-Russian separatists.

VOA reported Tuesday that the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), which publishes an annual reference estimating the strength of world armed forces, disavowed the CrowdStrike report and said it had never been contacted by the company.

Ukraine's Ministry of Defense also has stated that the combat losses and hacking never happened.
    CrowdStrike was first to link hacks of Democratic Party computers to Russian actors last year, but some cybersecurity experts have questioned its evidence. The company has come under fire from some Republicans who say charges of Kremlin meddling in the election are overblown.

Here's the best part of them trying to cover their behinds.

Dmitrova noted that the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community have also concluded that Russia was behind the hacks of the Democratic National Committee, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and the email account of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager.

True. But they never saw the server. Comey stated such under oath. He took the word of these liars (probably knowing they were lying as well) about the whole thing. Because they're "cyber security" people who had seen the server. And said the Russians did it.

Isn't it cute how that works? I tell you a lie, I change my lie to something closer to the truth, then point to you as being my evidence for everything that's still a lie as being the real story because you repeated the lie I told you.

Hopefully some more people can go to jail along with Podesta the Molesta and Broomhillary if/when justice is finally done.

--  Thomas Sowell

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:15 pm