New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Why Is the Democratic National Committee “Embattled”?

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 pm

This is a surprising news story, only because it comes from the uber-Democratic Party news operation, NBC:

Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez has launched a major overhaul of the party’s organization, which has been stung by recent crises — and the DNC has requested resignation letters from all current staffers.
    Party staff routinely see major turnover with a new boss and they had been alerted to expect such a move. However, the mass resignation letters will give Perez a chance to completely remake the DNC’s headquarters from scratch. Staffing had already reached unusual lows following a round of post-election layoffs in December.

The election was a disaster for Democrats. It wasn’t just the loss of the presidency, unexpected by them (although I predicted it). The Democrats also failed to come close to taking the Senate, as many had expected, failed to make any significant gains in the House, and their losses in state and local races across the country continued to pile up.

Perez is the party’s third leader in the past year, which was one of its most difficult on record.
    It began with accusations that the DNC favored Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary, continued with the wrenching exposure of hacked emails and the abrupt resignation of former chair, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and concluded with the shocking defeat of its presidential nominee and a divisive race for the new party chairman.
    The grueling experience, which followed years in which many Democrats felt the Obama White House ignored the party organization, has left the DNC with a crisis of confidence and competence.

That is the great unspoken fact of American politics. Conservatives are hard on the Republican Party–we often denounce our party’s leaders as inept, or worse. But in fact, the Republican Party is riding a wave of historic success. It is the Democrats who are sliding downhill toward oblivion, if present trends continue. Has any major political party in any country ever had such an unsympathetic set of leaders as Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton? Not that I know of.

And that's the real story.

The Republicans aren't winning, the Democrats are losing. Which is why the Republicans had better remember what they said they wanted to do that got them elected. (What they're mostly doing now is proving they had their fingers crossed when they promised to do certain things.) The same thing that got them control (disgust with what was happening) will just as easily replace them.

I don't personally believe the elected class will ever fix anything. I hoped I was wrong. But the "repeal" of Obamacare that didn't repeal anything put that hope to rest.

Which is why I hope to see an Article 5 constitutional convention as soon as possible. They can't do a thing about what comes out of that unless they openly violate the Constitution to shut it down. If they try that, all bets are off on how long they'll be in charge of anything any more. Or even breathing for that matter.
    Not advocating or advising against that course of action. But I know how fed up people are. And I've seen what fed up people do when they lose any other way to get things done right the nice way. A look back at this country a little over 200 years ago is but one example.

--  Thomas Sowell
    Ladyelaine

Re: Why Is the Democratic National Committee “Embattled”?

Post  Ladyelaine on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:30 am

Seems to me that a great many people are either deeply depressed or in simmering rage over events not going as they had hoped.

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:46 am