New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Atlantic: Megyn who?

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Liberals Megynbated throughout the past election cycle because she dared stand up to Donald Trump.

Now that he is President Trump, they are Megyn Who?

McKay Coppins of Atlantic monthly did a fair piece on Tucker Carlson, who took over her prime-time slot when Megyn Kelly left the network for NBC, where she will debut in the fall.

From Coppins:

Indeed, throughout the 2016 election cycle Carlson routinely deployed his anonymous neighbors as a device in his political punditry — pointing to them as emblems of the educated elite’s insular thinking. He scoffed at their affection for Marco Rubio in the primaries, and he ridiculed their self-righteous reactions to the Republican nominee in the general. “On my street,” he wrote in Politico Magazine, “there’s never been anyone as unpopular as Trump.”

This shtick worked brilliantly for Carlson, catapulting him from a weekend hosting gig to the coveted 9 p.m. slot in Fox’s primetime lineup. He now regularly pulls in more than 3 million viewers a night — a marked improvement on the program he replaced — and he counts the commander in chief among his loyal fans. Just this past weekend, President Trump set off a minor international firestorm when he suggested Sweden was experiencing an immigrant-fueled spike in crime—a (dubious) claim he picked up by watching Tucker Carlson Tonight.

Got that?

"A marked improvement on the program he replaced."

Megyn Kelly no longer has a name. She is simply someone who was "on the program he replaced."

What a comedown in less than two months from the media-created panic over Kelly's departure.

She's soon to become another instant nobody. I'm not wishing it on her, though I think she deserves it. I'm simply looking at the real world. In the real world she'll be another no-talent blond - hated by her coworkers - on another no-talent TV network that's losing viewers. Whoop-de-do.
    Sunshine16

Re: Atlantic: Megyn who?

Post  Sunshine16 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:37 am

The world does not revolve around her (in her mind). I like Tucker.
    Ladyelaine

Post  Ladyelaine on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Probably spending a lot of time getting just the right makeover in place before she makes her re-appearance - which may result in a quick look see to the curious minded but not likely to insure continuous viewing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:25 pm