New Board

For refugees from MyWay and Tek Board II, and for anyone else wishing to participate.

Day Without Illegals Becomes a Political Dud

sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:04 am

The much-ballyhooed “Day Without Immigrants” turned out to be a day without many protestors or any political impact, but with many Mexican flags, angry slogans, and a muted social-media response by amnesty advocates.

The Thursday turnout in most cities was few hundred protestors, despite some employers shutting their workplaces. But organizers did get a turnout of several thousand people in North Carolina and Chicago. NBC described the national turnout as merely “thousands,” despite an estimated population of roughly 11 million illegals.

I know I was majorly inconvenienced!

I went to McDoodoo and the same white woman that was there a few days earlier was working the register again. And the same white and black people who were putting orders together and bagging them were there except a couple of them were different.

And when I pumped my gas I had to do it myself. Which is what I've had to do the last few hundred or thousand times I got gas.

When I got off work and shopped for groceries I had to get them myself. Which is pretty much the way it's been since I was a little kid. At the checkout it was one of the same checkout people I've seen there since I started working in that place back in August. Even the handful of Hispanic employees I've seen around the store most days were still there.

When I drove on the streets I had to do 100% of the driving on my own. But I was used to it since that's the way it always is unless my wife is driving.

I carried the groceries inside on my own. But there's never been an illegal there to do it for me, so I guess I didn't miss anything.

The wife had already cooked. I doubt any illegals help her normally. Since she didn't seem to be put out I'm guessing it wasn't any more or less of a burden than usual. But I did have to pull some stuff from the fridge and heat it myself. Which happens a lot anyway.

Due to the time of year the grass doesn't need to be mowed. But if it had none of the illegals come do it for me. Usually it's my son or me doing it. Sometimes the wife will push the mower around some.

Trash day was a couple of days before. But even though the illegals weren't on strike 2 days earlier, my son still took it to the curb himself. I get it when he's running late or forgets.

Now that I think about it, maybe the big mess their hashtag protest was supposed to cause me really didn't cause one for me.

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what impact they had on my life to tell the truth. But it had to be serious. They had signs and stuff. Since I don't have to go downtown much and didn't that day either, I didn't run across the dozen or so protesting down there at whatever time they did it. I just hope they had a good time.
    JJRobinson

Re: Day Without Illegals Becomes a Political Dud

Post  JJRobinson on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:12 am

I didn't see any difference round here...
    Psycho144

Post  Psycho144 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:55 pm

What day was It???
    sinister_midget
    Admin

Post  sinister_midget on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Thursday!

Geez! They go to all of this trouble to not go to work, they have protests where (quoting here) "thousands" across the whole country joined in (that's out of 11 million illegals, but legal aliens were going to participate as supporters) and they even had signs. Yet nobody noticed?

Oh. 18 were fired at a place in Tennessee after they were told they'd be fired if they didn't go to work. So I guess there was some attention paid there.

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm